Permaculture has a lot to offer in Earth repair and care of people.
Join us at the very special Habiba Organic Farm, Nuweiba for a 10 day Introduction to Permaculture course with a dynamic team from Western Australia: the wonderful Mr Olly Watkins ( drummer, exuberant facilitator, primary school teacher , permaculture consultant who makes learning fun ); Mrs Nada Watkins ( electrical engineer with a passion for waste reduction at source and renewable energy systems); and Ms Bee Winfield (owner operator Merri Bee Organic farm for 30 years, permaculture teacher, soil life coach and author of “Nourishing soil – a growers guide to regenerating fertile soil”)
What is Permaculture ?
Genius originator of the Permaculture concept, Bill Mollison, said “it is about designing sustainable human settlements. It is a philosophy and an approach to land use which weaves together microclimate, annual and perennial plants, animals , soils , water management and human needs into intricately connect productive communities.”
Olly, Nada and Bee will incorporate hands-on exercises to make a fun and interactive course that will leave you with the basic skills you need to design and set up our own permaculture system.
This intensive course will cover:
- The principles and ethics of permaculture
- Using zones, sectors, and elevational planning to save energy and resources
- Techniques to harvest and hold water in the arid landscape ( soil regeneration, wicking beds, swales, covered water impoundments and grey water systems)
- Weeds and herbs (their uses in the nutrient cycle)
- Integrating a diversity of animals such as poultry, rabbits and goats into your growing systems.
- Nutrient cycling with hot composting and worm farming, multi species cover crops and pasture cropping with perrenials.
- Designing low- energy -use human settlements in the desert
- zones 1 and 2 : Influencing microclimate around the house and veggie garden in arid lands
- Orchards and woodlots from seed collection through to propagation and establishment
The course runs from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day .
Accommodation and 3 meals a day is all included in the early bird price of a mere $600.00 Get in quick!
Secure your spot on this exciting adventure in the birthplace of civilization by visiting http://www.habibaorganicfarm.com/contact